Your Portfolio Strategy
We have decades of experience managing money. We will invest yours carefully, cautiously and prudently.
According to Morningstar, the fees mutual funds charge (called “Management Expense Ratios” or “MERs”) are “the most important predictor of future fund returns.” We agree.
We use low management fee (similar to exchange-traded funds - ETFs), tax-efficient mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) Canada and broad market exchange-traded funds (ETFs) from Vanguard, iShares and BMO. We do not accept “trailer fees” from mutual funds. We always use the lower fee (F-class) mutual funds, which don’t pay these fees.
We adhere to an “evidence-based” investment approach. That means we focus on what we can control:
- Keeping fees and costs low
- Deferring or eliminating taxes
- Globally diversifying your portfolio
- Providing you with the option to tilt your portfolio towards factors that correlate with higher expected returns over the long term
- An appropriate asset allocation (the division of your portfolio between stocks, bonds, and cash), based on your ability, willingness, and need to take risk
The right financial advisor can play a vital role in helping you tune out the media noise and focus on actions that can improve your investment outcome. Click below learn more about evidence-based investing.
Register for Online Investment Management and create the perfect investment strategy for your goals.
Schedule a meeting and begin your full service on-boarding with a portfolio manager. Minimum asset levels apply.
Questions? Contact us via email, telephone or schedule a meeting.